Holding several qualifications in Music Theory, Music Literacy & Composition, as well as being an experienced engraver, composer and arranger, our managing director Egbert Juffer offers an extended range of musical services as well as music lessons in the subjects Music Theory and Composition.
Music services - per hour
Holding several qualifications in Music Theory, Music Literacy & Composition, as well as being an experienced engraver, composer and arranger, our managing director Egbert Juffer offers an extended range of musical services including:
Music notation & transposition*:
Converting handwritten music and/or manuscripts into professional sheet music, including:
- (Re)Notation (& correction) of an existing score;
- Transposing music from any key into any key;
- Converting music for transposing instruments into concert pitch;
- Converting music from concert pitch into music for transposing instruments;
Arranging, harmonising and transcription*:
Arrangements, harmonisations, accompaniments and settings on hymn tunes, folksongs etc. including:
- Harmonisation of melodies;
- Arrangements and settings on Hymn tunes, (Folk)songs, spirituals etc.;
- Transcriptions, e.g.: dictation and notation of a recording.
Arranging music for keyboard into a different instrumental setting, with as main focus to keep the integrity of the original piece in tact:
- Transferring music for Piano/Organ into chamber music;
- Transferring music for Piano/Organ into orchestral music.
* Please note:
- If you wish to make use of this service, please get in touch through our contact page, do not order hours without consulting us;
- When sending an enquiry, please do provide us with as much information as possible, such as a deadline, how you wish to receive the music (.PDF, printed by post etc.) etc.;
- Music might be needed before deciding to take on the task or to be able to provide you a quote with how many hours you will need to book;
- If we are able to take on the task, the quote will tell you how many hours you need to order, work only starts after we have received the order and the payment of the indicated hours.
Music lessons - per hour
Holding several qualifications in Music Theory, Music Literacy & Composition, our managing director Egbert Juffer offers an extended range of musical services including music lessons in the subjects Music Theory and Composition:
- Lessons in the subject Music Theory (all levels);
- Lessons and preparation for graded exams in Music Theory following the ABRSM syllabus (all grades);
- Marking past papers for Music Theory exams (all grades);
- Lessons and advice in the subject Composition following the LCM syllabus (up to grade 8);
- Consultations in Composition by discussing a submitted composition.
It is Egbert's believe that being able to read the music and understand it is necessary for every musician, whether amateur or professional. Often students are more interested in playing their instrument or singing than in learning theory. However, it is really rewarding to explore deeper understanding of the music one is performing and to enhance musicianship. Some students like to study for exams; others prefer to focus on deepening understanding without wanting to take exams; all are welcome!
After booking a lesson, a quick response will follow to set a time and date. Lessons are being given in a professional music room on the Isle of Skye, Scotland as well as using of Skype, Facetime or WhatsApp for longer distance students.