Holding several certificates and diplomas in Music Theory, Music Literacy & Composition, as well as being an active composer and arranger, Egbert Juffer (ALCM, AMusLCM, ATCL) offers music lessons in the subjects Music Theory and Composition to pass on his knowledge and experience:
- Lessons in the subject Music Theory (all grades);
- Lessons and preparation for graded exams in Music Theory following the ABRSM/LCM/TCL syllabuses (all grades);
- Marking past papers for Music Theory exams (all grades);
- Lessons and advice in the subject Composition following the LCM syllabus (all grades);
- Consultations in Composition by discussing a submitted composition.
It is Egbert's believe that being able to read the music and understand it is necessary for every musician, whether amateur or professional. Often students are more interested in playing their instrument or singing than in learning theory. However, it is really rewarding to explore deeper understanding of the music one is performing and to enhance musicianship. Some students like to study for exams; others prefer to focus on deepening understanding without wanting to take exams; all are welcome!
Lessons are being given in a professional music room on the Isle of Skye, Scotland for local students or from this music room online by using Skype, Zoom, Facetime or WhatsApp (students choice) for long distance students.