Music lessons - per hour
Holding several qualifications in Music Theory, Music Literacy & Composition, our managing director Egbert Juffer offers an extended range of musical services including music lessons in the subjects Music Theory and Composition:
- Lessons in the subject Music Theory (all levels);
- Lessons and preparation for graded exams in Music Theory following the ABRSM syllabus (all grades);
- Marking past papers for Music Theory exams (all grades);
- Lessons and advice in the subject Composition following the LCM syllabus (up to grade 8);
- Consultations in Composition by discussing a submitted composition.
It is Egbert's believe that being able to read the music and understand it is necessary for every musician, whether amateur or professional. Often students are more interested in playing their instrument or singing than in learning theory. However, it is really rewarding to explore deeper understanding of the music one is performing and to enhance musicianship. Some students like to study for exams; others prefer to focus on deepening understanding without wanting to take exams; all are welcome!
After booking a lesson, a quick response will follow to set a time and date. Lessons are being given in a professional music room on the Isle of Skye, Scotland as well as using of Skype, Facetime or WhatsApp for longer distance students.